Saturday, December 18, 2010
Rudolph Gift Card/Money Card
This card was so much fun to make! Rudolph and his pals are made from the Owl Punch; the antlers are made with the Snowflake punch. Here are the materials and instructions:
* Simple Snowflake (wood only - 115554, $7.95, set of 1)
* Old Olive card stock (9" x 6-1/2")
* Real Red card stock (6-1/4" x 3")
* Whisper White card stock (6" x 2-3/4"; 6" x 2"; scrap about 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" for antlers)
* Soft Suede card stock (about 4" x 2-1/2" for heads)
* Basic Black card stock (small amount for noses)
* Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (6" x 1-1/2")
(Note: This DSP is in the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog and will be available only until January 3, 2011)
* Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
* VersaMark Pad
* Chocolate Chip or Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
Stampin' Up! Accessories:
* Two-Step Owl Punch
* Snowflake Punch
* Glimmer Brads - Brights (Available in 2010 Holiday and 2011 Occasions Mini Catalogs)
* White Gel Pen
* Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
* Heat Tool
* Stampin' Sponge
* Crystal Effects
* Mini Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* Stapler and Staples
* Wiggle Eyes (6 or 7 mm)
1. Score Old Olive card stock at 3-1/4" and 6-1/2". Fold away from 6-1/2" scoreline and staple close to each side to create pocket; fold away from second scoreline and over pocket to create card.
2. Greetings: Rather than using a stamp for the greetings, I created them in a Word document, printed them on Whisper White card stock, and then cut them to the sizes needed for the card (6" x 2-3/4" for front; 6" x 2" for inside). Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere smaller piece on inside of card over pocket. (Note: Send me an e-mail if you want to use my Word files for these.)
3. Reindeer: Punch three owl shapes from Soft Suede card stock. Use the same punch to cut two medium size circles from Basic Black card stock. Use VersaMark to stamp snowflake on Whisper White card stock; emboss with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and punch with Snowflake punch. Cut two points from the snowflake use Mini Glue Dots to adhere to the back of the owl shape as shown. Attach wiggle eyes to front of owl shapes; on one shape add Real Red glimmer brad for nose; on other two shapes, attach Basic Black circles with Mini Glue Dots. Use White Gel Pen to add highlight to Basic Black noses. Use Stampin' Write Marker to draw line from nose to bottom of shape and add squiggly lines on ears.
4. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Real Red card stock to front of card. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Old Olive ink around edges of larger piece of Whisper White card stock (printed with "Merry Christmas Bucks" greeting); use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere to card front over Real Red. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere DSP over Whisper White card stock. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere Reindeer faces to front of card over DSP.
5. To make the Basic Black noses shiny, cover them with Crystal Effects and set aside to dry.
These cards fit nicely into the Small Open-End Envelopes sold by Stampin' Up! (107286, 20 Whisper White envelopes, $7.50).