Monday, December 27, 2010
2011 Occasions Mini Catalog
Ordering for the Stampin' Up! 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog will come to an end very soon (be sure to get your last orders in by January 3, 2011), but not to worry -- beginning January 4, you can order from the new 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog featuring lots of new products and fun stamp sets!
This card is one I created yesterday for a swap with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators using some of the products featured in the new mini.
* Create a Cupcake (wood-12915 $22.95, clear-121982 $16.95; set of 12) (2011 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Rose Red (about 5" x 5" - two pieces, plus scrap for punch)
* Regal Rose (about 4-1/4" x 1-1/4")
* Blushing Bride (scrap for punch)
* Certainly Celery (scrap for punch)
* Whisper White (about 4-1/4" x 4-1/4", plus small scrap for punch)
* Rose Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
* Rose Red and Certainly Celery Craft Stampin’ Spots
* Rose Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers
* VersaMark Pad
* 1-3/4” Scallop Circle
* Build a Cupcake (2011 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Mini Glue Dots
* Stampin’ Dimensionals
* Crystal Effects
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder
* Clear Circle Bigz Die
* Scallop Circle Bigz Die
* Shimmer Paint (Frost White)
* Blender Pen
* Heat Tool
* Clear Embossing Powder
* Iridescent Ice & White Embossing Powder (mixed together)
* Brads (Subtles)
1. Use Big Shot to cut:
* 2 Bigz Scallop Circles from Rose Red card stock
* 1 Bigz Clear Circle from Regal Rose card stock
* 1 Bigz Clear Circle from Whisper White card stock (for inside)
2. Use Big Shot and Embossing Folder to emboss Regal Rose Bigz Clear Circle. Use Rose Red CRAFT ink to stamp Happy Birthday as shown; emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Use paint brush or Blender Pen to paint flower petals with Shimmer Paint. Apply Crystal Effects to stems and centers of flowers; set aside to dry. When completely dry, adhere to center of Rose Red Bigz Scallop Circle with SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Use Certainly Celery CRAFT ink to stamp cupcake bottom on Certainly Celery card stock; emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. When cool, stamp ribbon over image near bottom with Rose Red CRAFT ink; emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Punch out image with Build a Cupcake Punch; adhere near bottom edge of 1-3/4" Scallop Circle with SNAIL Adhesive.
4. Use VersaMark to stamp cupcake top (frosting) on Blushing Bride card stock; emboss with White and Iridescent Ice embossing powder mixed together. Punch out image with Build a Cupcake Punch; adhere over cupcake bottom with Stampin' Dimensionals (I used scrap pieces from the outer edge of the Dimensionals sheet for this).
5. Use Rose Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers to apply ink to cherry stamp; stamp on scrap of Whisper White card stock and punch out with Build a Cupcake punch. Adhere to frosting with Mini Glue Dot. Cover cherry with Crystal Effects and set aside to dry.
6. Apply 1-3/4" Scallop Circle to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
7. Stamp greeting near center of Whisper White Bigz Clear Circle with Rose Red CLASSIC ink. Paint flower stamp with Old Olive and Rose Red Stampin' Write Markers, and stamp on Whisper White card stock as shown; repeat for second flower (or as many as you would like). Adhere Whisper White circle to center of second Rose Red Bigz Scallop Circle with SNAIL Adhesive.
8. Align front and back pieces and attach together with a brad through the center of one of the flowers near upper left side of card.
That's it! Pretty easy, huh?!