Sunday, November 21, 2010
This cute little snowman card is based on a card by Heidi Van Loar as seen in Papercrafts Holiday Cards & More (Volume 5, 2010). It was really fun to make . . . and quick!
Stamp Sets: Many Merry Messages (sentiment); Short & Sweet (snowflake on inside and envelope)
Ink: Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
Card Stock: Basic Black, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie; Naturals White
Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine; Clear Circle Bigz Die; Circles #2 Originals Die; Sweetest Stem Embosslit Die; Pumpkin Faces Sizzlits Die; 1-1/4" Circle Punch; 1-5/8" x 3/8" Oval Punch; Crop-a-Dile; Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric*; Stampin' Sponge; Crystal Effects, Stampin Dimensionals; Tombow Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue; Two-Way Glue Pen
1. Score 8-1/2" x 11" Naturals White cardstock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline. Place folded edge about 1/4" in from one side of circle on Clear Circle Bigz Die and roll through Big Shot to create card base.
2. Stamp greeting and snowflakes on inside of card; stamp snowflakes on envelope.
3. Using Big Shot and Circles #2 Originals Die, cut one large and one second-to-smallest circle from Naturals White card stock.
4. Using Stampin' Sponge and Basic Gray ink, apply to color to outer edge of all circle shapes5. Use Crop-a-Dile to punch circles in smallest circle (large size for eyes; small size for mouth); punch circles in medium sized circle for buttons (large size).
5. Punch one 1-1/4" circle from Basic Black card stock and adhere to back of small circle so black shows through holes punched for eyes and mouth. Punch an oval from Basic Black card stock and cut in half; adhere one piece to back of medium size circle so black shows through button holes.
6. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere medium circle to card (largest circle), and smallest circle to medium circle (see photo for placement).
7. Using Big Shot and Sweetest Stems Sizzlit Die, cut one Sweetest Stem shape. Cut off bottom two branches; use Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere to card sliding edges under middle circle.
8. Cut 1/2" to 3/4" strip of fabric about 5" long. Tie fabric in knot and fray edges. Apply Tombow Glue to back of knot and tuck under smallest circle (head), adhering to middle circle.
9. Fill in black circles with Crystal Effects. Set aside to dry (about 30 minutes).
10. Using Big Shot and Pumpkin Faces, cut a carrot nose from Pumpkin Pie card stock. Adhere to face with a small piece of Stampin' Dimensionals.
Now . . . let it snow!!!!
* 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog