Sunday, November 21, 2010
Autumn Leaves Card
This card is based on a beautiful card made by my Stampin' Up! demonstrator friend Jill Shover. She went a little crazy with soda cans and made lots of wonderful things, but this is the one I decided to copy for the 11/13/10 workshops.
Stamp Set: Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Cajun Craze and Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pads, Cajun Craze refill ink
Card Stock: Cajun Craze (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"), Early Espresso (5-1/4" x 4"); So Saffron (5" x 3-3/4")
Stampin' Up Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Leaves #2 Originals Die, Stylus, Mat from Mat Pack (or other flexible surface), Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker, Crystal Effects, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Extra Large Punch* (or Circle Scissors Plus), Stampin' Sponges, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Early Espresso); Mini Glue Dots; SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals
Non-Stampin' Up! Supplies: Aluminum soda can and an old pair of scissors
1. Score Cajun Craze card stock at 4-1/4" and fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Cut 2-1/2" circle in So Saffron cardstock about 1/4" in from top and left edges.
3. Using Early Espresso ink pad and oak leaves image, stamp on scratch paper once, and then without reinking, stamp oak leaves on So Saffron card stock. Repeat, stamping ramdomly until you have as many leaves as you like.
4. Using Stampin' Sponge and Cajun Craze ink pad, apply ink to So Saffron card stock over and around leaf images.
5. Wrap ribbon around bottom of So Saffron card stock and adhere to back with SNAIL Adhesive; adhere So Saffron card stock to Early Espresso card stock.
4. Line up 2-3/8" scallop circle punch inside of 2-1/2" circle and punch to create border inside circle.
6. Use an old pair of scissors to cut top and bottom off of soda can. Flatten out aluminum and use Big Shot and Leaves #2 to cut out leaf. Cut second leaf from 2-1/2" circle cut out of So Saffron card stock.
7. Place aluminum leaf on mat and "draw" veins with stylus. Draw veins on So Saffron leaf with Early Espresso marker.
8. Mix a drop or two of refill ink with Crystal Effects. Drop about 1/2 tsp. of mixture into center of aluminum leaf and spread out to edges with a toothpick. Set aside to dry -- maybe 30 minutes.
9. Once leaf is completely dry, line up Early Espresso card stock on front of card to determine placement of leaf, and attach to Cajun Craze card stock with Mini Glue Dots. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere Early Espresso card stock to front of card so leaf shows through window.
10. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Cajun Craze ink around edges of So Saffron leaf and adhere to front of card as shown with Stampin' Dimensionals.
11. Cut about 3" of ribbon and tie in a single knot around ribbon at bottom of card.
12. Optional step: Adhere a piece of Very Vanilla card stock (5" x 3-3/4") to inside of card and stamp a greeting.
Hope you enjoy this card!
* Note: I used the Circle Scissors Plus to cut the 2-1/2" circles from So Saffron card stock; Stampin' Up! anticipates that the 2-1/2" circle punch will be available with the next mini catalog.