Sunday, October 31, 2010
Stamp Camp West 10/23/10
This is the card we made at Stamp Camp West on 10/23/10. The technique is Iris Folding -- same as the Pumpkin card we made at the September workshops. Following is the materials list.
Iris Folded Ornament Card
Materials:* Stamp Set: Many Merry Messages (greeting on inside of card)
* Card Stock: Top card - Night of Navy (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; bottom card - Cherry Cobbler (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"); both cards - Glossy White (5" x 3-3/4" + scrap for center of iris folded ornament), Basic Gray (5-1/4" x 4"); Whisper White (5-1/4" x 4" for inside)
* Other Paper: Vellum, Gold and Silver Waffle Paper# cut into 1" wide strips
* Ink: Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad; Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker
* Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder#, Silver Tinsel Trim# (8"), Ornament Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch; Stampin' Sponge, Sticky Strip, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
# = Holiday Mini Catalog (9/1/2010 - 1/3/2011)
1. Score base card stock (Night of Navy or Cherry Cobbler) at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card. Adhere Basic Gray cardstock to card front.
2. Stamp greeting on Whisper White card stock and adhere to inside of card.
3. Place Glossy White card stock in embossing folder and roll through Big Shot; punch Ornament from embossed portion; repeat embossing with scrap of Glossy White card stock, and punch out 6-point star flower from Boho Blossoms.
4. Optional step (this card also looks nice in basic white without the distressing): Use Stampin' Sponge to sponge Basic Gray ink around edges of Glossy White card stock and both punched shapes; also run ink across embossed images.
5. Fold 1" strips of vellum and waffle paper in half lengthwise so you'll have 1/2" wide folded strips. Use the template pictured below as a guide for placing vellum and waffle paper on back of Glossy White card stock (important note: you may need to shrink the size a bit so it matches the size of the ornament punch). See links below to find instructions and templates for iris folding.
6. When iris folding is complete, place Sticky Strip around outside edge on back of Glossy White card stock; remove red backing and adhere about 1/2" of tinsel to back on one side, adhere about 1/2" of other end of tinsel at opposite side; adhere Glossy White card stock to Basic Gray card stock on front of card.
7. "Scrunch" tinsel to create loops and swirls. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere Ornament over tinsel and over the upper right side of the iris folded ornament; adhere "star" flower to center of iris folded ornament. Use Stampin' Write marker to draw strings from top of card to ornaments.
Iris folding templates: http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS254US255&q=iris+folding+templates&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=RhmFTPTtAYK0lQfqxKGADw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CD0QsAQwAw&biw=1259&bih=528 (The triangle shape was used to create the folding template for this card.)
Iris folding instructions: http://www.circleofcrafters.com/irisfolding/ (Click on the link for the Heart pattern at the upper right side of page for instructions.)
I hope you enjoy this card! We sure had fun making it at the Stamp Camp!