Sunday, September 26, 2010
Stamp West Cards 09/25/10
This is the card we made at my table at Stamp Camp West yesterday (see complete instructions below). Such fun we had! Good food, good company, lots of creativity and laughter.
These are the cards made by the other demonstrators (click on images for larger view).
Jane Fuller, Judy DiScipio, Sharon Madsen
Tami Wasson, Marie Glath, Launa Cable-Hick
Rochelle Hart (yes, she had two cards AND provided lunch!!!!)
And check out this cute little pre-registration gift made by Lisa Gray (built around a Peppermint Patty).
Materials for Gratitude Card:
Stamp Sets: French Foliage (2010 Holiday Mini Catalog); Falling Leaves (Gratitude image)
Card Stock: Always Artichoke (11" x 4-1/4", scrap for tag); Early Espresso (two 4" x 2-3/4", two 4" x 2-1/2"); Cajun Craze (two 3-3/4" x 2-1/4"); Very Vanilla (two 3-3/4" x 2-1/2", scrap for punch)
Classic Stampin' Pads: Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, River Rock, Early Espresso
Accessories: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die, Word Window Punch, Metallics Brad, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score Always Artichoke card stock at 5-1/2" and 2-3/4"; fold at 5-1/2" score line to create card; fold back toward the front at 2-3/4" score line to create front flap (turned sideways, card will look like a "Z").
2. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere one piece of 4" x 2-1/2" Early Espresso card stock to inside of card near right edge; adhere second piece to front flap. Use Big Shot and Embossing Folder to texture both pieces of Cajun Craze card stock; adhere to card over Early Espresso.
3. Stamp French Foliage designs on Very Vanilla card stock (see sample above - be sure to leave space for a written message on the piece you will use for the inside). I used the following colors: large leaf and round Paris postmark stamp - Always Artichoke; medium leaf - Cajun Craze; small leaf and words - River Rock; splatter - Early Espresso. Note: To create a faded look, "stamp off" once or twice (i.e., after applying ink to stamp, stamp image on scratch paper before stamping on card stock). DO NOT stamp off words image -- it will be too light and will disappear into the background. Adhere Very Vanilla card stock to remaining two pieces of Early Espresso card stock.
4. Center one piece of Very Vanilla/Early Espresso card stock on inside of card and adhere with SNAIL Adhesive. Apply Stampin' Dimensionals to back (left half only) of remaining piece, close card, position over inside design, and adhere to front flap.
5. Use Big Shot and Sizzlit to cut tag from Always Artichoke card stock. Use Early Espresso to stamp GRATEFUL on Very Vanilla card stock, punch out image with Word Window Punch, and adhere to tag. Attach brad through hole on tag and adhere to front of card with two Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. Optional: Stamp design on Very Vanilla envelope to match card.
This is a very generic fall card -- can be used for men or women; as a Thanksgiving card or just a thank you card; or change the greeting on the front and make it an all-occasion card. I hope you enjoy it!