Tuesday, August 17, 2010
This was the third card we created in the August 14 workshop. It's based on a swap card I received from Carolyn Mahoney at one of my Front Range Stamper meetings earlier this year.
• Elements of Style
(118611-w $27.95; 120045-c $19.95; set of 5)
• Punch Potpourri
(118394-w; 120124-c; set of 4; Hostess Level 1)
• Old Olive Textured card stock: 10-1/2" x 5-1/4"
• Whisper White card stock: 5" x 5" (2 - one for inside)
• Window Sheet: 5" x 5"
• Jet Black StazOn
• Subtles Stampin' Write Markers
Stampin’ Up! Accessories
• Big Shot Die Cut Machine
• Flower Bigz Clear Die
• Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon
• Mini Glue Dots
• SNAIL Adhesive
1. Score textured card stock at 5-1/4"; fold at score line to create card. Open card, center card front over Flower Die, and run through Big Shot to create window.
2. Wrap ribbon around left edge of card through flower shape and tie in a knot on front of card.
3. Place a Mini Glue Dot in each corner of Window Sheet. Adhere to back of card front.
4. Stamp design on 5" x 5" Whisper White card stock with StazOn Ink. Allow to dry, and then color design with Stampin' Write Markers (for this sample, I used Certainly Celery for the leaves, and Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose for the flowers). Place a Mini Glue Dot in each corner on the front of the design and adhere behind Window Sheet so picture shows through front of card. (Optional: Stamp portion of design on second 5" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, color design, and adhere to inside of card.)
5. Stamp embellishment designs on scraps of Whisper White card stock, color in designs, and cut out or punch designs. Adhere to front of card with Mini Glue Dots. (For this sample, I used the heart and three-flower images from the Punch Potpourri Hostess Set.)
Make card exactly the same as the first one, skipping the steps for coloring in the designs. The butterfly on this sample is from the Butterfly Prints Stamp Set.
Hope you enjoy this design.