Saturday, August 28, 2010
Stamp Camp West Cards
This is the card I made for Stamp Camp West today. It's based on one of cards I made at my upline's house in July (see my July 14 post), but with a few modifications.
* Itty Bitty Bits
* Sincere Salutations
* Soft Suede (8-1/2” x 5-1/2”; 5” x 3-3/4”)
* Naturals Ivory (5-1/4” x 4” – 2 pieces)
* Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stampin’ Up! Accessories
* Chip Board cut to 4-3/4" x 6"
* Craft Knife
* Big Shot Die Cut Machine
* Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
* 5/8” Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (6”)
* Mini Vintage Tag
* SNAIL Adhesive
1. Measure in 1" from each side of Chip Board and draw a line parallel with the edge to create a rectangle. Use Craft Knife and a straight edge to cut out and remove the rectangle, creating a frame.
2. Use Elegant Lines embossing folder and Big Shot to emboss the insert for inside of card. Layer the Big Shot "sandwich" as follows (from the bottom up):
* Big Shot Base (do not open out any of the tabs)
* Chip Board frame created in Step 1
* Embossing Folder with 5-1/4" x 4" Naturals Ivory card stock inside
* Acrylic Pad
Roll sandwich through Big Shot. The portion of the card stock over the opening in the Chip Board frame will not receive any pressure and will stay smooth for writing and/or stamping.
3. Emboss 5" x 3-3/4" Soft Suede card stock with Elegant Lines embossing folder (use both Acrylic Pads this time and do not use Chip Board frame).
4. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Soft Suede card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
5. Stamp greeting on insert created in Step 2; adhere to inside of card.
6. Adhere unembossed piece of Naturals Ivory card stock to card front.
7. Stamp image from Itty Bitty Bits on Vintage Tag. There is a very long knotted string attached to the Vintage Tag. To shorten the string, tie a second knot in the string about 1" from tag. Cut excess string about 1/4" from knot (if you cut too close to the knot, it will unravel while you're working with it). Feed Satin Ribbon through string loop, and tie ribbon in a knot so the tag dangles from the ribbon. Adhere ribbon across upper left corner of Soft Suede card stock as shown in sample and adhere the ribbon ends to the back of the card stock. Adhere Soft Suede card stock to card front over Naturals Ivory card stock.
8. Optional: Emboss flap of Very Vanilla envelope by turning embossing folder sideways and matching edge of design to flap crease. Layer the embossing folder between two Acrylic Pads and roll through Big Shot. (NOTE: Feed sandwich through Big Shot envelope end first; if you feed it through leading with the flap, it has a tendency fo crunch up the upper edges of the envelope.)
That's it! You're finished! Hope you enjoyed this project.