Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Christmas in July Swap Card
The themes for my July 27 Front Range Stampers' swap were Christmas in July and Anniversary/Wedding. My Christmas in July card is pictured here -- I'm also using this design for a 100-card swap I've recently joined (actually, it will be an 85-card swap because the organizer couldn't find 100 demonstrators who were interested in making that many cards); that swap will be card-fronts only, so they won't be able to see how this design works as you open the card (maybe I'll include a photo on the ingredients label). Anyway, here are the materials and instructions:
* Holiday Happiness (120786-w $14.95; 120792-c $11.95; set of 6)
* Teahouse (background; 117132-w $17.95; set of 1)
* Old Olive (7-1/4" x 5-1/2"; 4-1/4" x 3")
* Cherry Cobbler (4-1/2" x 3-3/8")
* Very Vanilla (4" x 2-1/2"; 5-1/2" x 4-1/8" for inside)
Designer Series Paper (DSP):
* Jolly Holiday (5-1/2" x 1-1/2")
* Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pad and Stampin' Write Marker
* Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
* Brights Brads (Old Olive)
* Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad
* 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (Old Olive - about 6")
* Scallop Trim Border Punch
* Paper Piercing Tool & Mat Pack
* Mini Glue Dot
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin’ Dimensionals
Note: SNAIL Adhesive used unless otherwise specified. 1. Score 7-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card (note: front will be 1-1/4" shorter than back of card). Stamp Teahouse design on front of card with Always Artichoke ink.
2. Adhere 5-1/2" x 4-1/8" Very Vanilla card stock to inside of card. Trim one long edge of DSP with Scallop Trim Border punch; align flat edge with right edge of card and adhere to inside of card over Very Vanilla card stock.
3. Stamp Happy Holidays on inside of card with Always Artichoke ink; stamp ornament with Cherry Cobbler.
4. Trim long edge of 4-1/4" x 3" Old Olive cardstock with Scallop Trim Punch; adhere to Cherry Cobbler card stock.
5. Stamp tree image on 4" x 2-1/2" Very Vanilla card stock with Old Olive; stamp ornaments with Cherry Cobbler. Attach brads below branches as shown; use Stampin' Write Marker to connect brads to branches. Attach Fire Rhinestone brad to top of tree. Adhere to Always Artichoke card stock. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere to card front as shown (note: right side of tree piece will overlap but not be attached to DSP on right edge of card).
5. Tie ribbon into a bow and adhere to base of tree with a Mini Glue Dot.
That's it. The card is complete. Enjoy!