Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Masculine Birthday Card
Howdy, Stampers! Sorry it's been so long since my last post! I've been so busy with Stamp Camps and swaps and workshops that I just lost track of the days.
Today I'm posting instructions for one of the swap cards I made for my Front Range Stampers meeting last night. The two swap themes were Masculine Birthday Card and anything from the 2010 Summer Mini. For the Summer Mini swap, I used the Best Wishes square card and envelope (posted May 10 and 11) and changed it to a Thank You note. So I'm sharing with you today the Masculine Birthday Card. Hope you enjoy it!
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370, set of 24, $36.95)
Card Stock: Basic Gray (8 1/2" x 5 1/2", 5" x 4" for die cut, scraps for punches); Sahara Sand (5 1/4" x 4" x 2 pieces, scrap for punch); Brushed Gold (scraps for punches)
Ink: Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad; Gold Encore Pad
Adhesives: SNAIL; Stampin' Dimensionals
Punches: Large Star; Star; Large Oval; Modern Label; Word Window
Other Accessories: Big Shot; Top Notes Die; Square Lattice Embossing Folder*; Linen Thread; Clear Rhinestone Brad; Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer and Gold Glow*
* from 2010 Summer Mini Catalog
1. Score Basic Gray 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card stock in half at 4 1/4" and fold away from score line to create card. Adhere one piece of Sahara Sand card stock to inside for message.
2. Insert second piece of Sahara Sand card stock into Embossing Folder and roll through Big Shot; adhere to front of card with SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Roll 5" x 4" Basic Gray card stock through Big Shot with Top Notes Die; spray with both Vanilla Shimmer and Gold Glow Smooch Spritz and allow to dry. When dry, wrap Linen Thread around Top Notes shape 3 times and tie in a knot (around all three strands) on front of card. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere to front of card over Sahara Sand card stock.
4. Punch two Stars and one Large Star from Brushed Gold card stock; punch one Large Star from Basic Gray card stock. Distress edges of Basic Gray Large Star with Gold Encore pad. Layer Brushed Gold Large Star over Basic Gray Large Star (offset slightly so both stars are showing), and attach Clear Rhinestone Brad through both thicknesses. Adhere to front of card over Linen Thread with a Stampin' Dimensional. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere the two smaller Brushed Gold Stars to the Card as shown.
5. Punch Large Oval from Brushed Gold card stock; punch Modern Label from Basic Gray card stock. Stamp greeting on Sahara Sand card stock and punch with Word Window. Adhere greeting to Modern Label with SNAIL Adhesive. Distress edges of Modern Label with Gold Encore Pad (it's good if some of the ink gets on the Sahara Sand greeting). Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Modern Label to Large Oval, and adhere Large Oval to front of card.
That's it! You're finished! Enjoy!
Until next time . . . keep stampin!
Note: In case you were wondering . . . that lighter portion at the bottom of the card is actually a reflection from the flash off the top of the file cabinet where I took the photo -- not part of the design (tee hee).