Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Upcoming Stamp Camps

Lots of activities coming up in the next few weeks, so I thought I'd tell you a little bit about them . . . including info on how you can participate!

Saturday, April 17 -- The regular monthly workshops at my house were moved out a week to accommodate Tara Bazata's Spring Stamposium this past weekend. You've already seen photos of two of the cards we'll make . . . now that my taxes are filed (whew!), I'll be posting a picture of the third card very soon. You can read more info about my monthly workshops on my website (http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net), including a schedule of upcoming dates, but here's a little background info. I have a great group of stampers who like to come to my house and make projects every month, so I've made it a standing date (usually the second Saturday of each month). We have a morning session beginning at 9:30 a.m. filled with truly "morning people" who keep me on my toes, and an afternoon session beginning at 2 p.m. with my more laid back, leisurely stampers. I charge a minimal materials fee (generally $5 to make 3 cards), and the fee is waived with a minimum $25 Stampin' Up! catalog order. I've really enjoyed doing these workshops in my home -- they provide a constant challenge for me to come up with projects that are fresh and interesting enough to keep my more seasoned stampers engaged, but easy enough for even my newest stampers to finish without becoming discouraged.

Saturday, April 24 - Stamp Camp West (10 a. m. to 3 p.m.). SCW is made up of a very talented group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who get together on the fourth Saturday of each month. Each demonstrator designs a card and sets up a table so stampers can come by and make the card. I just joined this group in January of 2010, so I'm still the new guy . . . and this month I actually won't have a card-making table, but will take my turn at staffing the registration table and setting up the lunch buffet and kind of just doing whatever needs to be done to keep everyone happy for the day. The cost for this Stamp Camp is $25 for 10 cards and a light lunch; the location is Bethlehem Lutheran Church at 21st & Wadsworth in Lakewood. Let me know if you're interested in attending, and I'll put you in touch with Rochelle Hart, the organizer.

Saturday, May 1 - Stamp Camp North (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.). SCN is pretty much the same as SCW, but with a different organizer and a different group of demonstrators. Since this monthly event usually conflicts with my monthly workshops, it's rare for me to be able to join this great group of demonstrators. The cost for this Stamp Camp is also $25 for 10 cards and a light lunch; the location is the Elks Lodge near 70th & Raleigh in Westminster. Let me know if you're interested in attending, and I'll put you in touch with Juli Whitfield, the organizer for this event.

Saturday, May 8 - Monthly Workshops at my house. I haven't come up with a theme yet for these workshops, but one of the cards will probably be a 4th of July card. Check back for updates.

Friday-Saturday, May 14-15, I'll be in Silverthorne for board meeting & educational conference with the Colorado Association of Legal Support Staff (yes, I actually DO have other activities besides Stampin' Up!). Hopefully, the weather will be nice and we'll be able to enjoy a little shopping before the seminars or after the board meeting.

Saturday, May 22 - Stamp Camp West. (See above for details.)

Saturday-Monday, May 29-31 -- a MUCH NEEDED weekend off!!!! Whew! I plan to spend the three days either cleaning up the aftermath of my hectic card making schedule, or just sitting for three days with my feet up. (This schedule may not seem too hectic to some of the more active Stampin' Up! demonstrators out there . . . especially those who are full-time demonstrators. But since I have a full-time job that's not Stampin' Up!, this is pretty ambitious for me . . . but SO MUCH FUN!!!!!)

Ok . . . 'nuf about my upcoming activities! My next post will be another project -- I PROMISE!!!! Until then, keep on stampin' . . . .

Cath ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment