Sunday, March 7, 2010
Masculine Polished Stone Card
This is the card we made at my table at Stamp Camp West in February. It uses the polished stone technique -- very easy, but a little messy -- and you can't have allergies to rubbing alcohol.
Lovely as a Tree (115026; set of 6; $27.95)
Fundamental Phrases (114968; set of 24; $37.95)
Basic Black – 8 ½” x 5 ½”; 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”
Chocolate Chip – 5 ¼” x 4”
Old Olive – 3” x 3”
Really Rust – 3” x 3”; scrap for Modern Label punch
Very Vanilla - 5” x 3 ¾” (inside); scrap for Word Window punch
Glossy White – 3” x 3”
Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Pad
More Mustard Classic Refill Ink
Old Olive Classic Refill Ink
Really Rust Classic Refill Ink
Paper Piercing Template and Foam Pad
Paper Piercing Tool
Vintage Brads (black)
Modern Label Punch
Word Window Punch
1. Score Basic Black card stock at 4 1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Fold paper towel in half twice to create 4 thicknesses, and place Glossy White card stock on top. Moisten cotton ball with rubbing alcohol. Add 1 drop of More Mustard, 2 drops of Really Rust, and 2 drops of Old Olive to cotton ball. Daub cotton ball all over Glossy White card stock, covering entire surface with color. Set aside to dry.
3. Use Stampin’ Sponge (I cut my sponges in fourths before using them) to apply Chocolate Chip Classic Ink to outer edges of Old Olive and Really Rust card stock (including Really Rust Modern Label shape). Adhere Really Rust square to Chocolate Chip card stock about 1/8” from upper left corner; adhere Old Olive square about 1/8” from lower right corner (the two pieces will overlap in the center).
4. Stamp “Thanks” or “Celebrate” on Very Vanilla card stock; punch out with Word Window Punch. Adhere to Modern Label shape and apply Stampin’ Dimensionals to back of shape. DO NOT REMOVE BACKING. Set aside.
5. Glossy White card stock should now be dry. Use Stampin’ Sponge to apply Chocolate Chip ink to outer edges of card stock. Stamp tree image in center with Basic Black Classic Ink. Center and adhere to Basic Black square; adhere Basic Black square over Really Rust and Old Olive card stock about 3/8” from upper left corner of Really Rust square (refer to photo for placement).
6. Using Paper-Piercing Template, Foam Pad, and Paper Piercing Tool, punch three evenly-spaced holes about 3/8” from bottom of Old Olive square, and attach black brads through both thicknesses of card stock (see photo for placement). Use Bone Folder to flatten out prongs on back. Adhere to front of card.
7. Remove backing from Stampin’ Dimensionals on Modern Label shape and adhere to lower right side of card (refer to photo for placement).
8. Stamp greeting on Very Vanilla card stock (optional), and adhere to inside of card.
The ladies at Stamp Camp enjoyed this card because, unlike most of the other cards, it had NO glitter, NO ribbon, and NO flowers or birds!!!
I hope you enjoy it too!