Sunday, March 28, 2010
Flower Power Card
This is the card we made at my table at Stamp Camp West yesterday. It was great fun, and the bright colors helped to chase away the snow/rain clouds.
Stamp Sets: Whimsical Words*; Well Scripted**
Cardstock: Basic Black (5” x 3 ¾”); Basic Gray (4 ½” x 3 ¼”); Crushed Curry (8 ½” x 5 ½”; scrap for label punch); Whisper White (4 ¾” x 3 ½” front; 5” x 3 ¾” inside); Vellum (about 4 ½” x 5” for daisies)
Designer Series Paper: Crushed Curry Patterns (about 4 ½” x 5” for daisies)
Classic Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Big Shot; Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die; Lots of Tags Embosslits Die; Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder**; Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (cut one 6” piece with flat ends; cut second 6” piece with pointed ends); SNAIL Adhesive; Mini Glue Dots
* 2010 Sale-a-Bration Brochure
** 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog
1. Cut one set of Daisies from Designer Series Paper (DSP); cut one set from Vellum card stock. Cut one Curly Tag from Crushed Curry card stock. Emboss Basic Gray card stock with Textured Impressions Folder.
2. Use 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere flower layers together near center, starting at bottom with largest vellum flower and alternating between DSPaper and vellum. Place a few Mini Glue Dots on back of assembled flower; set aside.
3. Fold Crushed Curry card stock away from score line to create card.
4. Adhere Basic Black card stock to front of card; adhere Whisper White card stock on top of Basic Black card stock.
5. Wrap flat-ended piece of ribbon around Basic Gray embossed card stock from front to back and adhere to the back at each side. Adhere to front of card over Whisper White card stock.
6. Slide pointed-ended piece of ribbon under first ribbon and bring the two ends together; slide flower down over both ends and adhere to front of card (see sample for placement). Tie ribbon in knot on top of flower and trim ends to desired length.
7. Stamp greeting on scrap of Whisper White card stock; punch out with Wide Oval Punch and adhere to Crushed Curry tag. Adhere to front of card with Mini Glue Dots.
8. Optional: Stamp inside greeting on Whisper White cardstock and adhere to inside of card.
I hope you enjoy this card as much as the ladies did on Saturday!!!