Sunday, March 28, 2010
Elegant Swap Card
This is the second card I made for my March 23 Front Range Stampers swap (based on a design by Tami Black). Since I recently realized that the Ornament Punch was carried over from the Holiday '09 Mini Catalog and that it made a VERY COOL vase, I've been going a little punch crazy . . . .
Awash with Flowers (117062-w - $39.95;120549-c - $27.95; set of 18)
(Sneak Peek from 2010-2011 IBC)
Card stock: Kraft (4 1/4" x 3 1/2"), Shimmery White (3 1/2" x 2 3/4"), Soft Suede (8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 3 7/8" x 3 1/8"; scrap for punch), Whisper (5" x 3 3/4" for inside)
Any Soft Suede Designer Series Paper (DSP) (5 1/4" x 4"; 3 3/4" x 3")
Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
Ornament Punch (carried over from Holiday ’09 Mini)
Sizzix Big Shot
Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder
Frost White Shimmer Paint (carried over from Holiday ’09 Mini)
SNAIL Adhesive & Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Score 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card stock at 4 1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Lightly distress edges of each piece of card stock and card front with Soft Suede Stampin' Pad. Adhere larger piece of DSP to front of card; layer Kraft card stock, Soft Suede card stock and smaller piece of DSP; center and adhere to front of card.
3. Stamp outline of three-flower stem on Shimmery White card stock (see sample for placement); stamp solid portions of flowers several times over outlines. Adhere to front of card. (NOTE: If you want to have perfectly aligned flowers, you may use the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to position them.)
4. Position Ornament Punch about 1/4" over edge of Soft Suede card stock to create flat-bottomed vase. Emboss vase with Big Shot and Embossing Folder. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Shimmer Paint to vase. Tie bow with linen thread around neck of vase. Adhere to Shimmery White card stock over flower stems with Stampin' Dimensionals.
5. Optional: Stamp flowers on 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White card stock and adhere to inside of card.